I have been very disappointed in the reliability of our Dacor refrigerator model EF42BDCBSS purchased in 2007.The first circuit board went out in 2008 within 6 months of the initial purchase, a replacement part could not be located, it was still under warranty so they replaced the whole unit.

In 2010 we had to have another repair to regulate the temperature of the freezer. Last week (October 2012) the circuit board went out AGAIN! Even though the unit itself is less than 5 years old, it is no longer under warranty; Dacor goes by the original installation date. I contacted Dacor and spoke with LS who basically stated that all they could offer was a discount on the part.

This repair is costing us over $650-, not including the loss of food. We paid to have the part 2nd day, when we called back the next day to get a tracking number for the shipment of the part we were told by another representative that the part had not shipped because it was out of stock in the default warehouse. He was able to locate it in another warehouse and get it shipped the same day. I called LS back and she stated that she never promised when it would ship, but when it did it would go 2nd day.

I would not expect this type of repair cost and attitude on a refrigerator that was over $9000.00 when new. Now I am concerned with the liability of our range and microwave, which are of the same Dacor brand.

The main reason I took the time to write this email is to make retailers aware of the situation and ask that you seriously look at the reputation of the Dacor appliance line and decide if you really want to promote this product to your customers.Dacor could care less about their customers and/or reputation.

Review about: Dacor Microwave.

Had an Experience with Dacor?

Comments