Our Dacor double renaissance wall ovens were purchased in 2012.The oven was damaged when it arrived.

There was a dent in the corner of the touchpad oven control panel. We had to wait to install until new touchpad control panel was received from Dacor. After six months the new touchpad was no longer functioning and had to be replaced which meant that the ovens had to be pulled out of the wall. A year later this touchpad control panel went belly up and had to be replaced again, which meant again that the ovens had to be pulled out of the wall.

Of course each of these occassions required a service call. Because we received a 24 month warranty when the ovens were purchased, each of the replacement touchpad panels was covered by warranty as was the service call. One of the two halogen light bulbs in the upper oven went out when the oven was about two years old. It was very difficult to replace and we couldn't do it until the ovens were pulled out for a different problem.

After owning the ovens for a few years, when the ovens were heating up, they began making a loud grinding noise. This is intermittent and usually stopped once the ovens reached set temperature. Six months ago the thermostat in the upper oven needed to be replaced. Again, another service call (at my expense) and again the ovens needed to be pulled out of the wall.

The thermostat went out while the oven was on the "clean" cycle and our service man suggested that I not use the self clean feature of the ovens in the future. Both upper and lower ovens continue to make the loud grinding sound when they are pre-heating. I'm just so sick of calling for service and needing to pull the ovens out of the cabinetry, which requires assistance from me and my husband, that I am just living with the noise until the next time the ovens simply don't work. Then I will just suck it up and purchase new ovens, definitely not Dacor!

I do own two other Dacor appliances, a 36in. gas cook top and a microwave all purchased in 2012 for a kitchen remodel. Along with the dented oven touchpad panel, the original microwave did not function when purchased.

The replacement microwave has not malfunctioned.And I have been very satisfied with the cook top.

Review about: Dacor Ro230s Oven.

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Dacor?

Comments